SCOTLAND’S BEAUTIFUL CAPITAL
Edinburgh city is famous for its culture. The Minto is within walking distance of some of Scotland’s best architecture and finest restaurants. Where else in the world can you find such unique shops, alongside Castles, Palaces, museums, art galleries, gardens and even beaches?
The Boutique Minto Hotel has ample parking, and is within easy reach of all public transport options. Why not use it as a base to tour the Scottish Borders, East Lothian or Midlothian?
In our humble opinion, these are a few of the places we recommend you visit on your trip to Scotland’s Capital:
• Arthur's Seat – The perfect place to view our stunning city.
• Gladstone's Land – A 17th century merchant's house on the Royal Mile, Edinburgh.
• Greyfriar's Churchyard – Famous for the National Covenant and, of course, Greyfriar's Bobby.
• Museum of Scotland – A magnificent building housing incredible treasures.
• National Library of Scotland – vista the world's leading archive for books and manuscripts on Scotland.
• Ocean Terminal - Edinburgh’s largest shopping centre and home to the Royal Yacht "Britannia".
• One O’clock Gun – Discover the story of the gun which fires from the battlements of Edinburgh Castle.
• Military Tattoo – One of the greatest shows on earth. Do you have your Edinburgh military tattoo tickets?
• Palace of Holyroodhouse - The Queen's official residence in Scotland, at the end of the historic royal mile
• Parliament Buildings – World class architecture on the Royal Mile.
• Princes Street - With the best shops in Edinburgh, beautiful gardens and the world famous castle.
• St Giles Cathedral - The "High Kirk" of Edinburgh.
• Scott Monument - Victorian Gothic monument to Scottish author Sir Walter Scott in Princes Street Gardens – impossible to miss!
• Writer's Museum - Dedicated to Robert Burns, Walter Scott and Robert Louis Stevenson.
• Edinburgh Art Breaks - Visit the city of Edinburgh and paint your own picture!